Nominations, including self-nominations, to the Board of Directors for the Marine Debris Foundation must be received, in their entirety, no later than 11:59 p.m. EDT on August 27, 2021. Packages received after this time will not be considered.
All nominations should be emailed (recommended) to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Marine Debris Foundation Nomination” or mailed to Caitlin Wessel, Marine Debris Foundation Nomination c/o NOAA Disaster Response Center, 7344 Ziegler Blvd., Mobile, AL 36608.
All nominees should submit the following items:
- Completed Nomination Form saved as a .pdf file.
- Current resume, no more than two pages in length and saved as a .doc or .docx file, including;
- Complete contact information (telephone numbers, email address, mailing address)
- Career sector (e.g., federal, state, industry, nonprofit, etc.)
- Education history
- Work and related experience
- Honors and awards
- Activities and hobbies
- Statement of Interest, no more than four pages in length and saved as a .doc or .docx file, including:
- A description of the candidate qualifications
- Diversity statement, should include how the candidate will contribute to a diverse and inclusive Board of Directors
- Fundraising statement, should include candidates past experiences with fundraising and how they will contribute to a robust fundraising program for the Foundation.
- List required criteria met and a short summary of how the candidate meets the specified criteria
- List additional criteria met and a short summary of how the candidate meets the specified criteria
- Why the candidate would be a good fit for the Board of Directors.
- At least one letter of recommendation, but no more than three, saved as a .pdf file. Letters should be no longer than two pages in length and demonstrate the candidate’s qualifications.
Nominations may be submitted by the candidate themselves, or by the person/organization recommending the candidate. If submitted by someone other than the candidate, the nomination package should include a signed statement from the candidate agreeing to be nominated. Incomplete applications will not be considered. You can download a checklist of required documents to include in the nomination package in the additional resources panel.
If you have questions or would like more information please visit https://marinedebris.noaa.gov/who-we-are/marine-debris-foundation or look up the Federal Register Notice published on May 17th, 2021.